Chiropractors are first contact health professionals, meaning that you don’t need a referral from another health professional in order to consult a chiropractor. In order to practice a chiropractor must fulfill those requirements:
– Successfully complete a five year university chiropractic program, upon completion they will be bestowed with the title Doctor of chiropractic care.
– Complete an eighteen month internship at a university clinic.
– Succeed in the national board exams.
– Pass the Ordre des chiropraticiens du Québec exam.
– Obtain a license to practice chiropractic from the Ordre des chiropraticiens du Québec.
– Stay up-to-date with scientific and radiological developments by participating in annual continuing education courses.
Due to the intensive training and continuing education, chiropractors have the knowledge and experience to give a chiropractic diagnosis. Once the diagnosis is established, the chiropractor will be able to recommend to you the best program including exercises and ergonomic, postural and nutritional recommendations. As such, a chiropractor represents the best partner to help you recover and maintain your good health.